“You’ll always have a piece of my heart (and my stomach).” – Patient Testimonial
Mexico Bariatric Center is one of the first to offer single-incision weight loss surgery. Single-Incision bariatric surgery offers patients the beauty of less visible scarring, less pain and quicker recovery time. Current surgeries offered:
Contact Us Today
About Mexico Bariatric Center
Mexico Bariatric Center is an industry leader in global medical tourism and weight loss surgery. Mexico Bariatric Center uses fully accredited hospitals and board certified physicians. You can schedule your surgery in Tijuana, Puerto Vallarta and Guadalajara.
Calculate Your BMI
Bariatric Surgeons in Mexico
- Dr. Ismael Cabrera
- Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela
- Dr. Ponce De Leon
- Dr. Alejandro Lopez
- Dr. Carlos Diaz
- Dr. Osuna
Ismael Cabrera Garcia, MD is an skilled surgeon specialized in metabolic and bariatric surgery. He has been performing laparoscopic bariatric surgeries since 2009. To date, Dr. Ismael Cabrera along with his surgical partner, Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela, have performed over 2,500 bariatric surgeries to date.
- Performed over 2,500 weight loss procedures since 2009.
- Featured on CBC Radio.
- Training in Fresno, California for Heart Surgery
Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela is a general surgeon practicing weight loss surgery in Tijuana, Mexico. Dr. Valenzuela has studied under the world renown surgeon, Dr. Juan Corvala for two years. In that time, Dr. Valenzuela studied various bariatric surgeries and obesity surgeries.
- Performed over 2,500 bariatric surgeries since 2009.
- Trained under Dr. Juan Corvala, a top Mexican weight loss surgeon.
- Advanced gastric sleeve, gastric banding and obesity surgery training.
- Previous work as a emergency room surgeon.
Dr. Jamie Ponce De Leon is known as "Super Ponce," for his ability to rescue complicated bariatric surgeries. Dr. Ponce has been a chief bariatric surgeon, while practicing surgery for over 20 years.
- Can Perform RNY Bypass, Duodenal Switch, Revisional Surgery & Gastric Sleeve.
- Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery Member
- Training in United States and France
Dr. Alejandro Lopez world-renowned weight loss surgeon, practices in Puerto Vallarta, Tijuana and Guadalajara Mexico. Dr. Alejandro Lopez has been a dedicated bariatric surgeon since 2005 and has performed thousands of weight loss surgeries successfully.
- Performed Thousands of Bariatric Surgeries.
- Member of the American Association for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
- Capable of Revisional Surgeries (Lap-Band to Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Sleeve to Gastric Bypass).
Dr. Carlos Diaz is a skilled bariatric, robotic, single-incision and advanced laparoscopic surgeon. Dr. Carlos Diaz graduated from the National Autonomous University of Mexico, performs medical residency in the state of Jalisco in the ISSSTE.
- Advanced SILS (Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery) Surgeon.
- Capable of gallbladder, bariatric surgery and various revision surgeries.
- Can perform various bariatric revision surgeries.
Dra. Jacqueline Osuna is a bariatric surgeon that works with her husband Dr. Alejandro Lopez. Together this wife and husband team perform weight loss surgeries in Tijuana, Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
- Trained under Dr. Juan Corvala - top Mexican bariatric surgeon.
- Graduated from the Universidad de Guadalajara with 94 grade average.
- Member of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons (ASMBS).
Mexico Weight Loss Surgery Options
- Reduces the production of Ghrelin (the hunger hormone)
- High Expected Weight Loss (60%-70% in About Two Years)
- Low Rates of Side Effects, Complications
- "Gold Standard" in Bariatric Surgery
- Highest Expectation of Excess Weight Loss
- Most Researched Weight Loss Procedure
- Reversible Weight Loss Procedure
- No Intestinal Changes or Malabsorption issues
- Simplified Version of Gastric Bypass
- Comparable Expected Weight Loss to Gastric Bypass
- Highest Expected Weight Loss of all Bariatric Surgeries
- Reduction in the Hunger Hormone Ghrelin
Reasons to Undergo Revision Surgery:
- Repair or Fix a Bariatric Surgery Complication
- Revise to a Better Performing Weight Loss Procedure