Ismael Cabrera Garcia, MD is a skilled surgeon specializing in metabolic and bariatric surgery in Tijuana, Mexico. Dr. Cabrera has education and training in both Mexico and US by top surgeons. He is certified by Mexican Council of General and Bariatric Surgeons and has been performing laparoscopic bariatric surgeries since 2009. Dr. Ismael Cabrera has completed over 3,000 bariatric surgeries to date.
Dr. Ismael Cabrera graduated with a general surgery degree. For 1.5 years, he trained with Dr. Juan Corvala in Hospital Angeles Tijuana. Dr. Cabrera completed a one-year certification, from Dr. Kelvin Higa, at Fresno Surgical Hospital. Since then, he has worked in the public hospital of Tecate, Tijuana, and Puebla, and has participated in multiple post-doctoral training programs. Dr. Cabrera is an expert in all types of bariatric surgery, including the lap band, gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, gastric plication and revision surgery.
Education: Dr. Ismael Cabrera
- Fresno heart and surgical hospital - Fresno/ California 2011
- Certification of participation in observation in obesity surgeries
- Hospital Angeles Tijuana - Tijuana/México 2010
- Fellowship in Advanced laparoscopy
- IMSS Hospital Specialty General Surgery Northeast UMAE 25 - Monterrey/México 2009
- General and Digestive Surgery speciality
- University UPAEP - Puebla,/México 1998-2005 - General Medicine
Dr. Cabrera Education Full
- Elementary School Puebla Mexico Institute of BC (1986-1992)
- June High School Puebla Mexico Institute of BC (1992-1995)
- High School Puebla Mexico Institute of BC (1995-1998)
- University UPAEP (1998-2002)
- Internship MIG specialty hospital, Mexico City (2002-2003)
- Social Service San Jose Ixtapa, Municipality of Caada Morelos Puebla, Puebla. (2003-2004)
- Surgery degree - CMN IMSS Hospital Northeast UMAE 25. Monterrey, Nuevo Leon.
- Advances Laparoscopy Hospital Angeles Tijuana, HGR 1 IMSS Tijuana. (2009-2010)
Recent Educational, Membership Activities:
- 2012 Asistant to de World congress of endoscopic surgery
- 2012 Member of the Mexican association of obesity surgery and metabolic disorders
- 2011 Participación en el Xlll Congreso Nacional De Cirugia De Obesidad y Enfermedades Metabólicas A.C.Ensenada , Baja california
- 2011 Certification of participation in Advanced laparoscopy and Obesity Surgery March-Apirl 2011 Fresno, California Dr Kelvin D, Higa