Laparoscopic Gastric Sleeve in Mexico, is one of the most innovative types of bariatric surgeries performed in Mexico today. Gastric sleeve is the fastest growing bariatric surgery type and is overtaking gastric bypass as the “gold standard” procedure for weight loss surgery. This procedure has had impressive results and helps to resolve many obesity-related diseases and illnesses.
Gastric Sleeve in Mexico (VSG) Overview
Mexico Bariatric Center is one of the most-respected companies in Medical Tourism for gastric sleeve surgery. We represent some of the most qualified surgeons in Mexico. We have an incredible track record for patient outcomes and success. Come see why you should contact us first!
Best Gastric Sleeve Surgeons
Gastric Sleeve Surgery Detail:
During this Gastric Sleeve, otherwise known as Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG), gastric sleeve resection or simply sleeve gastrectomy, the surgeon removes up to 85% of your stomach, making it look like a tube or sleeve, thus the name “sleeve” gastrectomy. Approximately 75%–80% of the greater curvature is excised, leaving a narrow stomach tube. Sleeve Gastrectomy does not alter the antrum, pylorus and vagus nerve innervation. Here are the steps taken:
- The surgeon makes a small incision (normally 5) on the abdomen to access abdominal cavity.
- Trocars are then placed through the incisions as a passageway for surgical instruments.
- The abdomen is filled with carbon dioxide (CO2) gas to separate the stomach wall from the small intestine.
- The surgeon would insert a probe equipped with a built-in specialized camera (laparoscope) along with other small surgical instruments.
- The liver is lifted off with a retractor.
- The cutter / stapler then cuts and staples the stomach along the bougie inserted through the mouth as a guide.
Gastric Sleeve Procedure: Details of Mexico Travel
This procedure usually takes about 1.5 hours (start to end) with 30 min to 60 min for the actual surgery, depending on the skills and experience of the surgeon. The patient is required to stay in the hospital for one to two nights (depending on his or her condition and overall health). Healing is relatively fast, in fact, patients who have had sleeve gastrectomy usually return to work after only two to three weeks following their surgery.
|Surgery Duration||Nights in Hospital||Nights in Hotel||Back to Work|
|1.5 Hours||2 Nights||2 (1 Pre-Op, 1 Post-Op)||2 to 3 Weeks|
Mexico Bariatric Center is one of the pioneering companies to offer gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico. In addition to standard laparoscopic gastric sleeve, MBC offers revisional gastric sleeve and single-incision gastric sleeve. To discover our current pricing for vsg in Mexico, please contact our patient care coordinators today. MBC has helped hundreds to go through gastric sleeve procedure and change their lives for ever.
How we Perform Gastric Sleeve in Mexico:
All of our surgeons perform gastric sleeve surgery, and adhere to a specific way of performing the surgery. In order for the highest patient outcomes we use a 3 step process to ensure the highest patient outcome.
- Three lines of brand name (like Johnson & Johnson or Covidien) titanium staples to close the new smaller stomach pouch.
- Second, a suture line after the staples is performed along the staple line (inverted gastric sleeve), to make sure no stomach leakage takes place.
- We perform three leak tests per patient. Two leak tests are performed the day of your surgery with blue dye and air. The next day they perform the last leak test, with special colored dye and X-rays.
- MBC surgeons leave a drain in the abdominal cavity as a precaution for early detection of leak.
All of this ensures that each and every patient of Mexico Bariatric Center will undergo safe and successful surgery. To learn more about our process of performing gastric sleeve in Mexico, please contact our caring and qualified patient care coordinators today!
Benefits of Undergoing Gastric Sleeve with Mexico Bariatric Center
- Our aftercare program includes forums and support group access.
- We regularly host webinars for dieting and aftercare nutrition.
- We are certified by the Medical Tourism Association.
- We have a full featured support section, with patients can see videos and exclusive content.
Is Gastric Sleeve in Mexico Safe?
Safe gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico is something we pride ourselves at Mexico Bariatric Center. We use a closed network of drivers to ensure patient safety at all times. We pride ourselves in providing a qualified, certified company where patients can feel relaxed and safe.
Complications in Mexico?
Here at Mexico Bariatric Center, we limit our gastric sleeve in Mexico complications by striving to follow these rules:
- We use top quality surgical equipment, and modern medical techniques.
- We represent only the best gastric sleeve surgeons in Mexico.
- We use a high-volume hospital, Hospital Mi Doctor, which has been shown to reduce complication rates and increase patient outcomes for bariatric patients.
Comparison of Gastric Sleeve to Similar Surgeries
Gastric Sleeve in Mexico, is just one of several surgical options we offer in Mexico. We also offer these popular bariatric surgeries in Mexico:
|Surgery Duration||Nights in Hospital||Nights in Hotel||Back to Work|
|Gastric Bypass Mexico||3 Nights||2 (1 Pre-Op, 1 Post-Op)||2 to 3 Weeks|
|Gastric Band Mexico||1 Nights||2 (1 Pre-Op, 1 Post-Op)||1 to 2 Weeks|
|Duodenal Switch Mexico||3 Nights||2 (1 Pre-Op, 1 Post-Op)||2 to 3 Weeks|
Compare Other Procedures Here:
For the difference between expected weight loss, possible risks and more detailed data, please visit these following guides to learn more:
Why undergo Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG)?
Gastric sleeve patients report minimal digestion problems compared to other types of weight loss surgeries. First, no foreign objects are placed within the body and secondly, since it is a purely restrictive procedure, it avoids an occurrence of malabsorption problems that can occur with other types of surgery. Moreover, since the remaining part of the stomach is composed of less stretchy tissue, the likelihood for stretching and failing in the ensuing years is minimal. Finally, gastric sleeve can be easily revised to another surgery like sleeve (re-sleeve), gastric bypass and duodenal switch.
Gastric Sleeve: Methods of Action
It is a known fact that in order to burn excess fat and lose weight, you have to eat less than what your body needs every day. The sleeve gastrectomy is a form of restrictive weight loss surgery; that, significantly reduces stomach size, the individual consumes less as his or her stomach is now easily filled. Other clinicians also theorize that by reducing stomach size, there is a reduced production of a stomach-produced hormone called Ghrelin that induces hunger. Thus, with vertical sleeve gastrectomy, the individual becomes full easily and is less hungry.
Related: See Why So Many Patients Choose Mexico Bariatric Center for Mexico Sleeve Gastrectomy
Gastric Sleeve: Benefits vs. Risks
The benefits of sleeve gastrectomy go beyond simply having better looks and fast weight loss. For patients having trouble with weight, sleeve gastrectomy offers an opportunity to feel better as well as live longer and be more productive due to significantly reduced risks of acquiring any obesity-related conditions as a result of surgery. Even so, just like every other surgery, patients may have several complications such as possible leaking of stomach contents, presence of blood clots, wound infection and bleeding. Then again, living a healthier and more rewarding life is never going to be without risks. In the end, the choice is always yours to make. Whether you choose to have a sleeve gastrectomy or another weight loss surgery, or whether you choose to exercise or to just go on a diet, the most important thing is that you lose weight. So to do that, all you need to do is — make a choice! To find out if this surgery may be right for you, contact one of our care specialists today.