We’ve all been there. We are on a weight loss journey; we are in the groove of losing weight, and we get tired of the same healthy meals. Variety is necessary with healthy eating.
After weight loss surgery, a particular diet must be followed to keep weight loss continuing. These ten helpful websites will give diet-conscious individuals and post bariatric surgery patients more meal options to incorporate into their daily life.
- MyRecipes.com This recipe website, has a designated whole category with diabetic, gluten free, heart healthy and vegetarian recipes. They also have a calorie count section where reduced-calorie individuals can plan meals based on a particular calorie allotment. Some sample recipes include snacks under 100 calories,chicken recipes under 200 calories and soup recipes under 300calories.
- EatingWell.com This healthy recipe website, has a specific section dedicated to Healthy Cooking 101: Basic and Techniques. Kids cooking, quick & healthy cooking and a healthy food guide are also featured. The website also offers kitchen product reviews for its readers.
- Cookinglight.com Find healthy and quick recipes here as well as nutrition tips and fitness guides. All of this content will help readers make smart choices for their healthy lifestyle. Quick & healthy recipe content focus on specifics such as sandwiches, meat recipes, vegetarian or low-calorie options.
- Skinnytaste.com This website features low-fat recipes for families. Recipes offer serving sizes, weight watchers points, calories, fat, carb, fiber, protein, sodium and sugar content. This website is especially great for those on specific low-fat or low-carb diets or diabetics. Save your favorite recipes to your recipe box to reference for later. A shopping list also is generated for you from these favorites.
- Hungry-girl.com Find healthy recipes and low-calorie food ideas here. This go-to resource is excellent for those seeking guilt-free eating options. These diet-friendly recipes work great for meat lovers and vegetarians alike. Readers can also receive daily emails with recipes.
- Foodnetwork.com Healthy meal ideas and recipes can be found here for health informed readers. Food Network has a collection of low-carb, low-calorie, and low-fat recipes. Soups, cocktails, desserts, and snacks are also offered.
- Tasteofhome.com Delicious and healthy recipes are provided in an easy-to-use format. A variety of low fat, low carb, and low sodium options are available, perfect for those on special diets. Diabetic, gluten-free and lactose-intolerant recipes are among some of the most popular on this recipe website.
- Skinnykitchen.com Find quick and easy recipes here with full nutrition facts and calories included. Weight watcher recipes with points are also available. Appetizers, casseroles, chili, cocktails, crock pot, Dairy-free, Egg-free, kid-friendly, High-fiber, low-sugar, pasta, salads, snacks, turkey, vegan, and vegetables are just some of the many recipe categories featured on this recipe website.
- Skinnychef.com This healthy recipe website focuses on healthy recipes as well as health content articles such as food myth debunked. Readers can expect informative content that focuses on teaching about health & nutrition while providing a variety of healthy recipe ideas for diet-conscious readers.
- Foodhero.org This go-to recipe website, offers quick, delicious and healthy recipe options. The site is great for those just starting out cooking or for kitchen pros. Directions are quick and to the point and easy to follow. This is especially great for parents wanting to cook healthy food with their family following surgery.