A prominent vacation and spa destination, Cabo San Lucas Mexico is the Jewel of the Baja Peninsula. Cabo San Lucas (often called Cabo) is located at the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula where the Sea of Cortez meets the Pacific Ocean. Rated as one of Mexico’s top tourist destinations, Cabo is known for its beaches, surfing, sport fish, scuba diving, balnearios, the sea arch El Arco de Cabo San Lucas, and marine life.
Sharing the same coastline, San Jose del Cabo is 20 minutes north of Cabo San Lucas – together called Los Cabos. Dream hotels and resorts are nestled along “The Corridor” between San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas. Los Cabos International Airport (SJD) is located in San Jose del Cabo servicing Cabo San Lucas. Cabo has crystal clear blue water and white clean sand beaches. The water is warm most of the year and it can be rough with harsh currents. The distinctive rock formation carved by the ocean currents is fascinating.
Los Cabos is one of the safest places in Mexico, and is not mentioned in the U.S. State Department’s travel advisories. Due to the high level of safety, Cabo San Lucas is an attractive destination for cruise ships.
Cabo San Lucas Facts, Statistics:
- The city is situated in the Baja California Sur and is over 1000 miles from the US/ Mexico international border.
- The three districts are Cabo San Lucas, the Corridor, and San Jose del Cabo. The corridor is in between Cabo San lucas which is to its west and San jose del cabo which is to its east.
- San Jose Cabo is a very traditional Mexico town that was founded in the 18th century by Jesuit Missionaries. It was originally a small fishing village gradually developed into a tourist destination.
- According to popular legends, this place was frequently visited by pirates. A ship full of treasure is said to have sunk in this area.
- The original natives of Los Cabos were neither Mayans nor Aztec but were the Perieu Indians or the Cora or Edues. But, their culture has been extinct for the past 200 years.
- The mean temperature during the summer is approximately 70-100 degress which falls to about 50-80 degrees during winter. Overall, the average temperature is about 78 degrees.
Interested in Undergoing Surgery in Cabo San Lucas?
Please fill out the form below to sign up for the interest list in undergoing surgery in Cabo San Lucas.