A Cross-Border Xpress (CBX) gateway between San Diego and Tijuana’s international airport opened on Wednesday, December 9, 2015. The purple 390 feet (120 m) bridge, suspended above the border fence, offers ticketed airline passengers an easier way of going from one country to another.
The Cross-Border Xpress is a unique way for frequent travelers to skip the long wait times at the busy Otay Messa Border. Individuals from Mexico can travel to Tijuana International Airport can walk across the border within in minutes, bypassing the border. Conversely, those flying from Tijuana international airport can quickly enter from the US side, bypassing the border.
The enclosed pedestrian sky bridge spans the U.S./Mexico border and is the first true binational airport in the world. To celebrate its grand opening, the passage fee is waived before December 18th, 2015.
Passage Fee Pricing:
- One-Way: (Either from CBX to Tijuana Airport, or from Tijuana Airport to CBX) = $12
- Round-Trip: Southbound & Northbound Crossing = $12
Pricing for Parking
- Without Validation: 0 – 2 Hours: $2 | Per 30mins After: $2 | 24 Hour Max Rate: $16
- Validation:0 – 2 Hours: FREE | Per 30mins After: $2 | 24 Hour Max Rate: $16
- Long Term Parking is just $10 per day
- Cross Border Xpress
- 2745 Otay Pacific Drive
- Otay Messa, CA 92154